Our client, a leading academic publisher with offices in the UK and USA, requires a new Head of Business Technology who will lead the Business Technology team and drive innovation.
Summary of Role:
- Developing global Business Technology strategies and plans aligned to overall business and technology strategies, with appropriate balance between robustness and agility
- Planning and developing new business systems, processes, applications and technologies to fulfil the Business Technology strategic plan
- Delivering Business Technology systems and services to agreed SLAs
- Managing and developing relationships with key service providers
Skills & Experience:
- Must have depth and breadth of authority and experience on all BT matters
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organization and secure buy-in to proposed actions
- Strong team player and leader
- High level of people skills – leadership, management, organizing, coaching, supervising, influencing, persuading, listening, counseling, giving feedback
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, one-to-one, group, formal presentations – ability to vary style, pace and presentation to suit the audience
- Strong project management knowledge, skills and experience, ideally based on industry recognized methodology (eg PRINCE2, MSP and Agile)
- Knowledge of leading edge tools and technologies in the areas of content, data and platform delivery
- Experience of managing third party suppliers, service providers and contractors along with own organization’s business and BT staff within multi-disciplinary multi-skilled team structure.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation from a practitioner’s viewpoint.
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities