Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading Open Publisher and cutting edge platform provider requires a new Associate Publisher for Humanities and Social Sciences.
The new position of Associate Publisher offers an exciting chance for an outgoing and self-motivated individual to work with a network of contacts within the social sciences and humanities, to develop and expand the services offered to serve the needs of these research communities, and to build up content on the clients open research platforms in these areas.
The successful candidate will be educated to post-graduate level, and must have an active interest in open science publishing, open data and related matters, and strong experience of scholarly research publishing, ideally in the social sciences and humanities.
- To work with, and grow, a network of contacts within the research community, with particular focus on social sciences, humanities and other areas outside of the life sciences, and to advocate the advantages of open research publishing to these communities.
- To develop services, processes and features that serve the needs of diverse research communities, establishing differences in scholarly publishing practices between academic disciplines.
- To identify new potential partners in the research community for developing gateways and collections in subject areas that are currently underrepresented.
- To project-manage the set up, and drive the growth and development of, new gateways (and potentially platforms, where appropriate) in the social sciences and humanities, as well as other subject areas.
- To implement an outreach strategy to generate new submissions in the social sciences and humanities; this includes outreach support for existing platform partners who serve these communities.
- At least five years scholarly online publishing experience, including significant contact with editors, authors, reviewers and societies and experience with journal development activities, ideally in HSS publishing.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills with individuals at all levels of seniority
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Organisational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks to high standards, working to (often competing) deadlines
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both in daily tasks and more complex trouble-shooting
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- High level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers)
- Familiarity with social media platforms and online engagement
- Willingness to travel frequently and represent the company at international events