Morgan Healey Exclusive
We have another excellent opportunity for a Group Chief Technology Officer. Our client, a leading global publisher based in London requires an experienced CTO with a successful track record, to head up the technology team and will report to the Group Managing Director. The CTO must be able to define key business requirements, and lead end-to-end product development to meet these requirements. They must constantly evaluate the delivery and roadmap against commercial needs, while ensuring high quality implementation.
The CTO will have a forward-facing role, advocating the transformational products the group delivers, and will have the ability to clearly communicate the strategic aims and vision, both internally and externally. Key to the successful candidate will be a proven ability to define business requirements and deliver in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Be in charge of the development and delivery of all the group’s products.
- Lead the design and delivery of products and new features that provide added value to customers.
- Be responsible and accountable for the system architecture, security and the stability of all the products.
- Anticipate and react to technology changes to ensure the group continues to be considered a leader and innovator in its field.
- Lead, manage and motivate the development team
- Operate best development practice for effective continuous delivery and automatic testing while implementing and ensuring adherence to high technical standards.
- Create a positive culture across the team of productivity, quality and pride.
- Possess high-level planning and organisational skills
- Provide technical thought leadership to the group, working with the senior management team to help define and deliver goals.
- Continuously improve the business products and services and advise on the feasibility of implementing new and advanced technology options with reference to risk and cost of implementation to meet the changing needs of the business and its customers in a fast-moving competitive marketplace.
- Have the stature to represent the company.
- Significant experience of working in a fast-moving commercial environment.
- Three years plus management experience of a team of not less than 20.
- Experience of managing a diverse development group comprising different teams.
- A solid track record of designing, developing and delivering stable, timely technological solutions to meet a business’s needs, recognising and adapting solutions based on commercial implications.
- Successful experience of working in a fast-paced high-pressure environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in working alongside senior management and product owners to develop, maintain and implement a roadmap.
- Experience in successfully designing efficient, secure and complex systems.
- In-depth experience of working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with web apps and desktop applications.
- Experience in working with cloud-based technology and solutions.
- Experience in establishing and operating proper frameworks and working practices for software development, product and QA teams.
- Passion for learning and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Ability to act as the interface between technology development and the wider business.
- Experience of managing off-shore and home-based development teams.
- Demonstrable experience of promoting a cooperative approach within diverse teams.
- Passion for developing your team through mentorship and encouragement to create a growth environment.
- Ability to recognise young talent and encourage a dynamic able team by being a first-class communicator, and influential leader.
- Proven ability to identify, specify and deliver against customer needs.
- Experience of SaaS / white-label, B2B and B2C solutions delivery.