Our client, Cochrane, are looking for a new Product Manager to oversee the Cochrane Library.
You will own the Cochrane Library as a product through its lifecycle and ensure its ongoing technological and content development to meet identified user needs. The Product Manager will be responsible for contributing to and implementing key elements of the strategic vision for the Cochrane Library, and be responsible for the overall success of the development pipeline for the product.
The Product Manager will act as a ‘champion’ for the Cochrane Library within the organisation. He/She will be responsible for taking the lead in the product market and ensuring a strategic fit between the market environment, the organisation’s capabilities, business needs and the product marketing strategy.
The Product Manager will define product priorities, and help to identify the amount of resource, time and effort that should be applied to different user segments and to deliver product goals.
- Publishing experience in scientific and medical publications and awareness of health knowledge and decision support products.
- Minimum 3 years direct product management experience.
- Demonstrated track record in developing product strategies and success in defining, launching and managing products.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of the mission and vision of Cochrane Library and in-depth understanding of the needs of its users and the processes that underpin its production.
- Proven ability to make decisions, think strategically and take senior-level responsibility
- IT literacy and the ability to gain an understanding of the technological aspects of the product, both in terms of its production and publication
- Influencing and negotiation skills, sufficient to coordinate work undertaken by other stakeholders and cross-functional teams in the development cycle
- Very strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to translate content deliverables to business and technology focussed colleagues
- Ability to analyse, pull together and present the key content, business and technology elements to inform sound strategic decisions
- Strong project and programme management skills.