Our client, a leading STM Publisher requires a new Country Manager to cover the Nordics, based from their London office. We are looking for a consultative sales professional, with a good balance of account management and new business skills.
The post holder will be responsible for managing a defined ‘book of business’ in Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). This will involve building strong relationships with customers in order to both retain and upsell the product portfolio
There will be a focus on net new business and this could include selling to new prospects in the region, as well as existing customers. The customer mix is typically a blend of research-intensive universities, government research institutes and research funders. You will ideally have an understanding this scientific and academic research ‘ecosystem’.
The Country Account Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of any federal or state-level research agenda in order to drive and develop a productive sales strategy in their region. A requirement is to be competent with solution selling principles and practices and demonstrate a high level of professionalism to both clients and work colleagues. Previous experience of managing consortia relationships is a plus. Candidates will have a proven ability to develop new business and revenue streams within their territory and will have further developed existing accounts for new business opportunities in new buying centres.
Sills & Experience.
- Degree required
- Prior academic sector experience preferred
- Fluent in English with additional European language skills (Nordic preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- A customer-driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Excellent written verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills. Excellent telephone manner and face to face customer skills.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers and adapt value prop accordingly
- A good team player/self- starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure, and standards.
- To demonstrate individual drive and determination to succeed
- Effective decision-making skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible to change
- Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions.
- Able to Travel