Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires a Grant Manager, that will work on a set assignment for two days a week.
In 2018, the company shall launch and manage a competitive grant programme for investigator-initiated research into the human microbiome. Based on his/her knowledge of research funding, the Grant Manager shall define appropriate policies, set processes, provide advice to the research team and the independent review panel, meet periodically with stakeholders throughout the first funding cycle, and drive continuous improvement.
- To provide expertise in grant management/grant administration for small-scale scientific research projects
- To advise on the planning and launch of a new, global competitive grant programme for microbiologists
- To provide advice to the company throughout the first funding cycle
- Define and document policies to include: application process/template; evaluation criteria; evaluation process; and funding terms.
- Advise on contract for engaging independent, expert panel
- Advise on contract for providing funds to global academicians
- Advise on structure, design and content of website
- Advise marketing colleagues on call for application messaging
- Meet with the team regularly to review progress and improve continuously.
- Commercial teams in Japan
- Publishing and project management team in UK
- Marketers in UK
- Expert review panel
- Deep understanding of the research funding landscape
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and the ability to influence others
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a global team
- The ability to adapt to change and to solve problems
- Demonstrable experience managing scientific research grants for funding bodies, philanthropic foundations or private organisations