Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Our client, a global Open Access publisher, with possibly the best office location and views in London, requires a Head of Data Publishing.
Due to continued expansion, the business is looking to bolster their UK operations.
This is an exciting new role to develop their data publishing programme from scratch. This is a strategically crucial role within the business. The successful candidate is likely to be academically and commercially exceptional. We are looking for a strong, forward-thinking business person with a passion for research and advancing its impact on society.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Help define and scope best in class systems and processes for the data publishing programme
- Develop a forward looking strategic view, based on strong industry understanding of data, research, authors, and policy makers in major research output countries, using those insights to anticipate opportunities and drive the programme forward.
- Contribute more broadly to our Open Access strategy, which is concerned with making scientific research more transparent, collaborative and efficient, as part of an agile and focused team
- Set strategic priorities for the list, balancing commercial growth with reputation enhancement
- Attract and retain a broadly skilled and talented team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of leading a data or clinical research journals
- Either experience in managing, shaping and developing a portfolio of journals in different disciplines and with different publishing models (e.g. in-house and partnership); or a strong commercial, digital product and technology background with an interest in open access publishing.
- Strong, proven strategic abilities, with experience of developing and implementing new business models, as well as having the ability to adapt the strategy as needed.
- Excellent financial skills with the ability to forecast, budget, monitor and achieve growth.
- Experience of operating at the most senior levels of business, including representing the team at Board and shareholder level
- A keen understanding of international markets, particularly relevant, major emerging markets.