Our client, a global publisher, requires a Higher Education Sales Manager for Australia.
The Sales Manager will manage and develop the books business in the Australasian territory, ensuring increased visibility and presence of the company brand and content, whilst also working with their existing (and any future) locally-contracted agent and distributor.
The Australia Sales Manager will take responsibility for driving and coordinating the further development of our businesses, seeking to maximize revenue from all available streams, with particular focus on academic calling and faculty /institutional relationship building. The team will also need to respond to the challenges and changes currently affecting our businesses. Collaboration with our agents and distributors will be required to meet some of these objectives.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong academic record, ideally with an understanding of the social sciences
- Superior selling, communication and marketing skills
- Preferably with related experience and a minimum of 5 years in the academic publishing industry
- Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Results Oriented
- Effective communication skills
- Proven strategic awareness and business judgment
- Willingness to work at all levels, both independently and as a team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Personal Integrity
- Strong organisational skills, to handle different aspects of the job
- Quick to learn and proactive, ‘can do’ approach