Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Our client, a leading global academic publisher, requires a Global Publishing Director / Managing Director based in Europe. In this key role you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding the company’s budgeted targets on publications: books and journals. Enhancing brand recognition and reputation.
- Developing and driving the profitability of the Global Publishing Program and operational management of the editorial teams in the European office.
- Increasing the profitability of the European business unit, by engineering the profit margin across the publishing subjects.
- Ensuring that the brand and reputation of the Publisher is one of excellence within the social sciences and humanities. Developing new publishing lists in trending academic research fields.
- Leading and positioning the company to be a leading open access publisher, especially as a solutions provider for institutions transitioning to open access.
Skills / Experience:
- PhD in Social Sciences and Humanities or another University degree
- Proven record of success in senior level management in the industry
- At least five/ten year’s senior level experience of management of people and resources
- A wide knowledge and understanding of the publishing industry
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) in English / German.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with excellent organizational skills
- Project management experience