Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires an Academic Partnership Manager to cover UK&I. The role will be home based in the UK and will be responsible for hitting annual target across core digital and specific print products across the UK&I. The target is based across several different products and includes new business and specific upsells. The key to success is the collaboration with sales reps in the region and specialist knowledge and expert sales skills to win business.
- Develop strong working relationships with sales reps for smooth lead sharing and an atmosphere of collaboration for joint success.
- To reach or exceed sales targets and objectives as given each year.
- Pro-actively finding and developing new business opportunities for core digital products.
- Direct sales contact with key decision makers and budget holders such as Head of Departments, Director of Studies, Deans, Pro VCs, key library contacts etc.
- Territory wide client visits and presentations with key decision makers and budget holders for our core digital and specific print products (Study Skills).
- Following up on leads generated by sales reps and winning new business from them and upselling current adoptions with core digital products.
- Identify customer needs (lecturer, departmental or institutional) and match core products to those requirements, presenting ideas, solutions and closing sales
- Develop knowledge and presentation skills with aim to be the in-house sales expert for core digital products.
- Attending relevant roadshows and conferences to promote our core digital products in the territory.
- Working in partnership with key institutional customers to ensure their needs continue to be met and nurture long term relationships resulting in retaining and growing our business.
- Providing outstanding level of customer support and care including training of staff and students with core digital products.
- Take a pro-active role in ensuring that our core digital products are well represented and promoted in your territory.
- Communicate effectively with head office to ensure feedback about products is shared and support is sought where needed.
- Keeping accurate and up to date sales records via SAP CRM system.
- Reporting to the UK Campus Sales Manager to ensure all set objectives are met.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven successful field sales record in a relevant market.
- Experience of selling by phone, email and personal presentation.
- A passion for education and desire to help transform learning through exceptional online education and an interest in the use of technology in education.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Confidence in dealing with senior academics and university staff.
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to explain online content and the benefit it has to learning outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and other internal systems.
- Professionalism at all levels.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- Strong organisational skills and good time management.
- Keep up to date with market knowledge.
- Team player, results orientated and excellent people skills.