Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading provider of tools and services to the research community to help them discover, share and communicate research, requires a new Director of Sales & Marketing.
You will manage staff in both the UK and US, as well as a number of sales agents around the world. The position will involve leading the sales, outreach, customer service, marketing, and communications & PR teams by example, across the business and its component products to subscribers in academic and corporate institutions and their researchers, authors and research funders. Whilst some of the products currently have a life sciences focus, it is anticipated that all the products will increasingly focus across all areas of research.
The successful individual will have significant experience of sales and marketing within the scholarly publishing industry. Familiarity with a broad range of marketing approaches from print marketing to online advertising, conference and event marketing, and social media would be beneficial. The person will be a very proactive hands-on individual with plenty of energy who can generate ideas and is not afraid to test new approaches. They will be highly organized and an excellent all-round communicator who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get actively involved when appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of the scholarly publishing sector (ideally STM, but not essential)
- Knowledge and experience of selling to librarians and information science managers.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of marketing approaches.
- Dedication, enthusiasm and a real drive to succeed in a challenging market.
- Experience of effectively managing a sizeable budget, including setting and achieving targets.
- Excellent all-round communication skills and a high degree of computer literacy.
- Proven staff and team management skills, developing team members effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines and react quickly to changing priorities.
- An ability to think quickly and creatively in order to respond to road-blocks.
- A high degree of comfort with presenting to clients and others in person or by telephone/WebEx.
- Proven ability with PowerPoint.
- Experience of using CRM tools.
- An ability to work effectively with colleagues in other departments.
- A good level of numeracy, with the ability to translate financial goals into effective campaigns.
- A strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience of handling multiple complex projects