Our client, a global publisher, requires a Higher Education Sales Representative based either in Melbourne or Sydney.
The Higher Education Representative will visit universities and other higher education institutions and conducts outbound sales campaigns within a designated geographical territory, with the objective to promote and support the use of print and digital resources as teaching materials.
The Representative will meet with academic teaching staff and assists them with matching our textbook and technology products to their course requirements, and provides support to teaching staff using the company's resources.
- Maintaining and growing our existing customer relationships
- Identifying new and untapped markets in your allocated territories and working collaboratively with our greater team to expand our opportunities
- Increasing adoptions of print, digital and customised resources with particular focus on academic calling and faculty/institutional relationship-building.
- Maximising revenues from all available streams – imminent changes to the book-buying process (including institutional sales) and textbook formats (print to digital) command new approaches to the market
- Management and dissemination of pipeline opportunities using the CRM.
- Representing the company at academic and society conferences.
Skills & Experience:
- Superior sales and strong business-relationship building skills
- Sound understanding of the Higher Education markets
- Be results oriented and know how to actively follow up and close sales
- A proactive and creative approach to selling
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proven strategic awareness and business judgment
- Highly organised and able to effectively plan and manage multiple projects and highly motivated to work independently and solve problems without constant input and supervision
- Current driver’s license and a car