Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading information provider requires a Sales Manager for the Academic Sector. This is an ideal role for motivated and results-driven salesperson who wants to contribute to the clients continued growth and success in the UK.
The successful candidate will handle the sales of electronic and printed journals to libraries and other information intensive organizations and will work closely with the UK customer service team to ensure the smooth running of customer accounts, post-sale.
- Responsible for the entire sales process, from first customer contact to the final signed contract.
- You will drive sales revenue by managing, maintaining and developing strong relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Develop high quality offers that maximise sales growth, add value for our customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships across the organisation and with key external stakeholders and partners.
- Accurately track and record customer communications and sales activities and targets via Salesforce CRM.
- Attend local and national conferences and exhibitions as required.
Skills & Background
- Previous sales experience and account management skills.
- A background within the publishing industry dealing with academic or corporate sector sales is seen as an advantage. However, a willingness to learn and a drive to achieve sales goals is key.
- You enjoy setting challenging targets and take pride in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- You are confident communicator who has the ability to listen and adapt your communication style to get your message across.
- As an experienced negotiator, you do not give up easily and can close the deal.
- Working autonomously and planning your own work day comes naturally to you. However, you are also a team player who runs innovative ideas by your team in order to get feedback and develop ideas further.
- You are a people-person who thrives on solving a customer’s problem. This is shown in your enthusiasm and positive attitude despite multiple priorities and complex projects.
- A “can do” attitude is highly valued.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Candidates must have a full valid UK drivers licence.