Morgan Healey Exclusive:
Our client, is a leading provider of academic journal information. They investigate and compile reliable information about academic journals and provide it to academic researchers and scientists.
Relationships are key, and we need a dedicated, performance-driven individual that will proudly represent the client with librarians, academics and professional customers all over the world. As you would imagine, credibility with these groups is paramount and the client understands the importance of building rapport and respect, as well as making sure they are offering precisely what the customer needs. You will be responsible for customer engagement, demand generation, customer retention and market growth globally, focusing on academic institution, private sector organizations and government entities.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of four (4) years prior publishing sales experience, preferably in academic library sector.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Strong understanding and previous experience in the academic publishing market and knowledge of journal and multi-site licensing
- Strong project management skills and ability to organize complex work environments effectively
- Self-motivation and willingness to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities outlined above.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Proven track record of effectively increasing year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must possess experience presenting to groups of peers, management and clients.
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally – average 50%