Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Our client, one of Europe's leading not for profit organisations, employing over 3,500 people, requires a Managing Editor to oversee their successful publishing programme.
The Publishing Division is the content powerhouse of the organisation. Its mission is to develop informative, engaging, and attractive content to support the organisations interaction with the public at large across all communication channels.
Within this position you will be responsible for managing and planning all publishing activities in the division. You will set priorities and oversee the editorial and production workflow. You also will shepherd the activities of the editorial, design and production teams to ensure that publications are released on time and on budget. In addition, among your responsibilities will be the selection and management of back-end applications, such as title management and digital asset management and distribution systems, and for selecting and managing customer-facing applications for publications.
Their publications include digital-only content, such as blog posts, podcasts, digital essays, as well as products published in print and electronic form, such as institutional reports, outreach publications and marketing materials in multiple languages.
Skills & Experience:
- University degree preferably in a field related to communication, economics, international relations or similar business related field
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the publishing or related industry, of which at least 5 in a project management / editorial management function, preferably in a scholarly or professional setting
- In depth knowledge of publishing processes, standards and best practices; a demonstrated knowledge to the highest standards of editing. Demonstrated effectiveness in managing complex collaborative projects.
- Familiarity with all phases of editing, copyediting and production, including typography, proofreading and page and book makeup; knowledge of design and printing. Knowledge of web editing. Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite; familiarity with InDesign and other page layout software.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French, with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.