Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading provider of information to the corporate and academic sectors, requires a National Account Manager based in the UK.
You will manage the relationship between the company and its core customers in the academic and commercial sector. You will identify and research new business opportunities, manage existing relationships through subscription renewals and account management visits, understand customer needs and actively engage with organisations within the specified sectors across the UK.
- To manage a defined set of customers within the specific sectors across the UK.
- To consistently meet and exceed set revenue targets within the specified sectors, through new sales, and cross selling and up selling to existing accounts.
- To proactively seek to understand customers’ needs through account management and present/develop our products offering accordingly in order to capitalise on opportunities to sustain revenue growth.
- To identify customers who could benefit from our other products and develop them into new sales.
- To develop strong business relationships with sector bodies to communicate any relevant information to internal colleagues and external customers as appropriate.
- To keep accurate and comprehensive records of all contact with customers in a shared CRM system, and through regular reports and discussions with your line manager.
- To develop and implement an individual account strategy that ensures customers’ individual needs are understood and surpassed.
- To attend exhibitions and internal events promoting our products and services.
- To actively engage with social media to build relationships with prospects and customers.
- To actively cold call and spec call prospects to generate new sales.
- Proven experience in account management and business development.
- Proven experience in identifying and securing new business opportunities.
- Experience in an external sales position where face-to-face external meetings form a key part of the role.
- Ability to self motivate and work on own initiative in order to meet and exceed targets within given deadlines.
- Skills to complete detailed research and accurately interpret to identify sales opportunities.
- Excellent customer relationship skills and a drive to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to confidently communicate, present and negotiate on all levels.
- Enthusiastic approach with the ability to work on own initiative and/or as part of a team.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Demonstrable experience of success within a direct sales or business development role within the corporate sector.
- Experience of selling subscription-based products or services including technical publications, journals, conferences and standards.