Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading STM Publisher requires a new Operations Manager who will be responsible for the set-up of external editorial and production suppliers, followed by ongoing management.
The Operations Manager will manage a team of Editorial Production Editors responsible for ensuring day-to-day quality and answering queries from suppliers. You will also review and implement internal operational changes. The role holder should expect travel to vendor locations, and to other office locations around the world.
- Providing expertise on systems and processes, recommending improvements and new ways of working
- Implement and oversee successful process changes at operational locations
- Creating and maintaining documentation relating to process including: Production style guides – Workflow flowcharts – Vendor training instructions – Policy documentation – Role specific checklists – Editorial guidelines – Email templates
- With the Operations Director, create request for proposals for each department to assess external suppliers
- Manage the set-up of new external vendors to perform operational tasks
- Manage team of Editorial Production Editors, including recruitment, appraisals etc.
- Train the vendors on systems and processes
- Answering vendor queries
- Ensuring vendors are using the systems correctly
- Managing projects related to operational processes
- Deputising in the absence of the Operations Director
- Regularly providing data, feedback and reports to vendors in order to implement an ever improving author experience
- Overseeing projects as new opportunities arise, and alongside developments in operations
- From time to time, you may attend conferences relevant to operations
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years experience of either production or editorial experience in an STM environment
- Experience working with overseas vendors