Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a global STM publisher is now looking for a Publishing Director, Open Research. This is an important role in the Open Research leadership team that will deliver against key objectives through strategic planning and execution. You’ll understand the changing needs of researchers and contribute to projects across the group.
As Publishing Director you’ll have overall budget setting and delivery responsibility for their leading platform open offer and will be responsible for the overall revenue, profitability and development of Open Access content on this platform. You’ll be responsible for the editorial and business development of 3 major journals.
This post will ensure a researcher view across the wider portfolio, providing community / scientific input on all of our publishing offers. You’ll be a central advocate in promoting open science offering to the community. Working closely with the wider team you will be a significant part of the company's open science ‘face’.
- On an on-going basis, review plans and activity from the community point of view
- Represent the research community by providing input on new offers and product developments under development
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the leadership team on research & community matters
- Be an advocate for open science (and company products and services therein) through media, conferences, community engagement and outreach
- Set and ensure delivery of budget and strategic priorities
- Lead the publishing development across key journals ensuring its growth and profitability, whilst editorial standards are maintained
- Liaise closely with colleagues to ensure that open access opportunities on the platform are maximised
- Drive the growth and quality of the Communications Journals and ensure they achieve a distinct and profitable position in the market
- Ensure that the editorial structure is sound, that journals grow as fast as they can and that new journals are given every opportunity of success
- Develop new offers as appropriate to ensure that our OA offer remains at the forefront of the STM market
The ideal candidate will come with expertise in successful strategic business management in open access academic publishing combined with a good understanding and commitment to the scientific community.