Our client, a leading international STM Publisher requires a Publishing Editor based out of their French office near Paris.
Reporting to the Editorial Team Manager, you be responsible for a books and journals publishing program in science both in online and print. Responsible for the strategic day to day management of a portfolio of existing journals, you will also manage and develop relationships with external journal editors, while collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders, networking in the community to identify opportunities for growth (acquisition). Additionally, you will formulate plans for the publishing portfolio for both books and journals and participate in the global strategic development of publishing activities and other projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody with a passion for science to break into an editorial career.
Skills & Experience:
- Academic degree in science is essential.
- Thorough understanding of the scientific research community and its needs.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the publishing industry.
- Familiarity with book and journal scholarly publishing processes including budgeting.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels and as part of a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- High level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook, internet browsers and CRM), proven experience with social media is preferred.
- Focused on objectives and results.
- Fluency in English both orally and written is essential, and French would be an advantage.