Our client, a leading academic publisher, requires a Regional Manager for Australia.
The Regional Manager has primary responsibility for developing, establishing, driving and implementing a strong regional strategy for continued growth in their region, with full accountability for achieving and exceeding tough sales targets and managing costs.
This will be achieved through determining, coordinating and managing the resources dedicated to the region and ensuring they work harmoniously to achieve a pre-agreed growth strategy.
This will include ensuring the regional team works as an effective unit and is aligned with the global strategy and head office functions. Growth will be measured through overall sales revenue, market penetration, costs associated with running the region linking to regional profit and overall improvement of the company's reputation and revenues in the region, as perceived by stakeholders.
Skills & Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of the region; economic trends; identifying opportunities & threats
- Product and wider industry knowledge and trends
- Understanding of the company’s strategic aims and the region’s role within it
- Awareness of digital and technical standards used and developed in the market
- Strategic awareness
- Advanced negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Relationship-building with customers
- Line management; motivation; mentoring
- Good analytical skills
- Deliver powerful presentations
- Write effective reports
- Network with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively to drive revenues and solve customer problems