Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a Sales Director – Publisher & Associations, based at their London office. The role of the Sales Director is to lead the Publisher & Associations Sales teams in North American and Europe into the next era of growth. This position is responsible for the development and execution of new business and retention strategies for the Publisher & Associations customer segment.
The role will report to the Global Head of Sales, and have strong ties with the Publisher Relations team and also the Product leaders within the Business Unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building an effective sales strategy for the segment, for key marketing leading products. Building relationships, both internally and externally, is critical to to ensuring that the business meets and exceeds its targets. The strategy should result in accelerated sales growth through new customer acquisition and upselling existing accounts, especially in the growing area of analytics. Building more strategic and holistic relationships with the current client base will be essential to build long-term customer loyalty and growth. This is a great role for an entrepreneurial sales leader to capitalize on a strong brand and product base, to build and scale a high performing team.
Skills & Experience
- Masters Degree preferred
- Proven track record selling services, technology and information solutions to publishers and societies
- Strong ability to build, develop, maintain and inspire others to perform and achieve results
- Proven ability to work well in a globally-matrixed environment, collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups and influence all levels within an organization in order to drive results
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers with a customer driven approach and good customer management skills
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, management and training skills