Our client, a leading not for profit publisher, requires a new Sales Director to manage a team of 12.
The Sales Director, Publishing will play a key role as a senior member of the Commercial management team. You will have a proven track record of successful business development in publishing or within the life sciences market sector.
Working alongside colleagues in both marketing and the individual business units, through successful teamwork, you will develop and implement plans to grow the company's presence, revenue and profits. You will contribute to the achievement of operational and strategic objectives for all the business units.
- Achieve individual objectives which are part of team/departmental objectives linked to Annual Operating Plan.
- Plan, direct and control worldwide sales of all products and services to achieve market growth and revenue targets.
- Represent the company at international shows.
- With the Chief Commercial Officer, initiate focused expansion of new markets, notably corporate, Government sponsored and consortia.
- Work closely with the Directors leading each Business Unit, to provide commercial input to business decisions ensuring that business development strategies have a sound commercial basis.
- Develop and deliver commercialization strategies for existing portfolio and new services offerings.
Skills & Experience
- STM publishing and academic markets
- Sales professional
- Sales management and effective staff management
- Extensive track record of successful business development
- International Sales channel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Effective staff management skills
- Financial skills incl: budgets, targets, costs, market review
- Willingness to travel up to 20 weeks p.a.