Our client, a global publisher and services provider, requires a UK Sales Manager for the UK and Scandinavia. This is a UK home based role.
This division of the company provides services and solutions to organisations such as university presses, societies and individual authors. They publish journals, books, conference proceedings and a variety of other publications, either in OA or Paid Access.
Working with the Head of Sales you will be responsible for generating new sales of publishing services to societies (including learned societies, universities, research institutes, academies of science, conference organizers).
- Presentation and sale of publishing services to societies
- Organization of promotional events and meetings with potential customers
- Management of customer relationships in order to generate new business opportunities
- Building and updating databases of potential customers
- Sales and business reporting to supervisors
Skills & Experience:
- A university degree
- 2-5 years of sales experience in Software as a service (SAAS) OR Higher education, STM Publishing
- Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience selling to the UK academic market.
- A motivated, self starter, results-oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal skills for successful interaction with customers
- Native or nearly native English – Any Scandinavian language is not required
- Ability and desire to travel extensively (35%-40%) and to work from home office
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Driving license