Our client, a leading society publisher, requires a (Senior) Commissioning Editor.
Working within the books commissioning team, the post holder will develop and maintain a profitable list of ebooks in physics and related subjects. They will contribute to the strategic development of the e-books department through commissioning activities; contracting new titles, developing and seeing them through to timely publication, initiating and managing series, and working with publishing partners. The post holder is responsible for the growth of their list and maintaining their backlist through effective signings and publishing.
The (Senior) Commissioning Editor is responsible for the publishing performance of his/her books. This includes contributing to increased profits through the successful implementation of editorial and publishing strategies and delivering content with a commitment to ensuring the highest academic standards are met.
The (Senior) Commissioning Editor will also work closely with the ebooks Editorial Assistant to ensure the continuous and active maintenance and development of their ebooks portfolio.
Skill & Experience:
- Professional qualifications First (BSc or BA) or second degree (PhD or MSc) in a scientific subject
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding networking and negotiation skills
- Significant commissioning experience in STM books publishing
- Proven ability to manage and grow a profitable list
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills