Our client, a leading global research information business requires a new Strategic Account Manager – Life Sciences.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will have a proven track record selling technology and information solutions to Pharmaceutical companies. A dynamic self starter who has the ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a complex global organization.
The post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective global account strategy through collaboration with Strategic Account Team members, the Custom Solution Team & Customer Training. A strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end users in addition to the ability to clearly articulate an in depth understanding of our Product, Platform and Solution capabilities will be essential for this role.
Skills & Experience:
- A keen ability to extend the customer contact base through to new business channels and to develop the strategic alignment with the customer.
- Appropriate granular knowledge and understanding of the Drug Development business and its key drivers, able to present an appreciation of the competitive landscape of the Pharma sectors.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers through a conscientious and driven approach with excellent customer management skills. – Commercial acumen; with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers and an understanding of the role of customer training as an integral part of the sales process
- Excellent communication and influencing skills through verbal and interpersonal presentation.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers, from Heads of Information, Research & Development, Informatics and Regulatory within large Pharma
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Well organized and disciplined team player in regard to policy, procedure, and standards.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environment