Our client, a global STM publisher, requires a new Chief Editor - Physics, to launch a new high quality OA journal. The Chief Editor will also be responsible for setting and monitoring the overall editorial scope and strategy of the journal, maximising the visibility, scientific standing and quality of the journal and recruiting and managing the internal and external editorial teams.
- Support the Publishing Director and Publisher to prepare a high-level strategic plan for the launch, growth and development of the new journal
- Ensure all content published in the journal is of the appropriately high quality and covers the spectrum of research in the journal's scope
- Provide line management for the internal editors
- Act as the main voice to represent the new journal within the internal editorial and external research communities, ensuring they serve the needs of the individual Physics community they serve
- Meet regularly with authors and reviewers to understand their priorities and needs
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A thorough understanding of the scientific research community and its needs, including detailed knowledge of open access publishing
- A breadth of knowledge that covers the journal’s scope and in-depth knowledge of particular areas of the journal’s scope
- Strong demonstrable editorial experience in the selection and processing of manuscripts to the high levels required for publication.
- PhD level relevant research experience
- Excellent leadership and team-building qualities
Referrals: We will reward you with GBP500.00 if you know the perfect candidate for this position and our client hires them. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com