Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: UK or Germany
Salary: £80,000 Basic + Bonus
Our client is a leading scientific community empowering millions of scientists working to overcome global challenges by providing them with the help and support they need by connecting them to the world’s most active scientific community.
Due to continued growth, they require two new Senior Business Development Managers who will be responsible for establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships with scientific publishers.
You will play a pivotal role in expanding their reach and maximising revenue opportunities with publishers, primarily through their journal-related products/solutions.
You will leverage your extensive experience and knowledge of the publishing landscape to identify potential new publisher partners, develop strong relationships, and expand existing publisher partnerships. Your primary focus will be on developing and executing comprehensive business development strategies to drive revenue growth, increase market share and overall enhance the depth and breadth of the publisher network.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of partnership development or business development experience, ideally within a SaaS environment, with a track record of exceeding new sales and expansion targets.
- Experience working within Academic Publishing, including in-depth industry knowledge on publishers’ strategic objectives, business models, and decision-making processes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction, managing several simultaneous strategic customer expansion and prospect cultivation opportunities.
- Clear customer orientation, with experience achieving global account penetration and expansion across multinational customers, including cultivating and nurturing VP and C-Level customer relationships.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for building relationships with stakeholders at all organisational levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with fluent and idiomatic English.