Location: Sweden or Norway
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading academic publisher, requires a new Academic Sales Consultant to cover Scandinavia. You will make regular visits and manage university accounts across the territory, presenting a range of print and digital products to existing and new customers and develop and nurture new prospects.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with key institutions in territory ensuring there is regular contact and communication through calling and visits.
- Win new textbook, digital, custom and branded adoptions, ensuring targets are reached and exceed annual target
- Gather information on courses at institutions in territory and report on any key trends and changes and investigate trends.
- Develop outstanding product knowledge across the full product range.
- Provide market intelligence to the sales, editorial and marketing departments on market conditions, competitor activity and textbook performance.
- Attend conferences and department sales meetings
- Complete the annual business plan
- Work closely with marketing to ensure all leads and information regarding the market is communicated.
- Maintain CRM and ensure all activities are updated and processed
Skills & Experience:
- Proven and previous sales experience within academic publishing.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present confidently.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages, and previous experience using CRM software.