Morgan Healey Exclusive
A leading provider of SaaS/software to the research, scholarly and publisher markets requires a new Account Director based on the East Coast, USA.
The main focus of this role is to drive growth by ensuring customers success and satisfaction.
- Account Management, own the customers relationships and manages their expectations, insuring that they are delivering win-win successes for their customers.
- Cross Sell & Up Sell. Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities within the existing customer base.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, initiatives, and best practices, and often work with publishers, scholarly societies, and associations to provide strategic advice and trusted guidance for customers to maximize their investments.
- Provides business leadership and guidance for their technical project managers, development, and support staff for as well as enhancement projects for customers.
- Proactively identifies and understands customers business needs and objectives and respond to requests.
- Needs to regularly evaluate customer success and satisfaction and proactively identifies areas for improvement based on benchmark and metrics.
- Account Manager should be comfortable with proactive communication, both oral and written, to keep customers informed.
- This role will be home based but candidates should expect to spend approximately 25% of their time travelling.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of account management experience in a rapid-growth environment.
- Demonstrated experience in driving sustainable revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record in delivering year over year revenue growth targets with emphasis on cross sell and up sell of new products.
- Experience of managing, prioritizing and shaping the expectations of a complex set of internal and external stakeholders competing for time and resources.
- Experience of successfully delivering customer satisfaction, retention and expansion using metrics, analytics and use cases.
- Experience of working with peers in a matrixed organization with technical teams using leading-edge technologies and working within tight deadlines.
- Experience of interacting with customers, at both project management and executive-level, to identify organizational and stakeholder objectives and translating them into business requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Well-rounded skills with business and productivity software tools, such as Word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and CRM tools.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving abilities.