Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: UK Home Based
Salary: £60,000 Basic + Bonus (Six Figures OTE)
Our client, a leading provider of Journals, e-books and Conference Proceedings, requires a new Account Manager to cover universities across the UK and Ireland. These are great roles working for a fantastic company that is ambitious and growing!
- To manage a defined set of customers within the specific sectors across the UK & Ireland
- To consistently meet and exceed set revenue targets within the specified sectors, through new sales, cross-selling and up-selling to existing accounts.
- To proactively seek to understand customers’ needs through account management and present/develop our product offering accordingly in order to capitalise on opportunities to sustain revenue growth.
- To identify customers who could benefit from our other products and develop them into new sales.
- To develop strong business relationships with sector bodies to communicate any relevant information to internal colleagues and external customers as appropriate.
- To keep accurate and comprehensive records in a shared CRM system
- To develop and implement an individual account strategy
- To attend exhibitions and internal events promoting our products and services.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in account management and business development with STM/Academic Publishing selling to universities.
- Proven experience in identifying and securing new business opportunities.
- Experience in an external sales position where face-to-face external meetings form a key part of the role.
- Ability to self-motivate and work on own initiative in order to meet and exceed targets within given deadlines.
- Skills to complete detailed research and accurately interpret to identify sales opportunities.
- Excellent customer relationship skills and a drive to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to confidently communicate, present and negotiate on all levels.
- Enthusiastic approach with the ability to work on own initiative and/or as part of a team.
- Creative and innovative with a drive for continuous improvement.
- A positive outlook with a desire to learn and embrace new challenges.
- Full UK driving licence.