Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: UK/Home Based
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading STM society publisher, requires a new Associate Director, Business Development & Sales who will lead the development and execution of strategies and business plans across the Society’s revenue streams.
A crucial part of the role is to be responsible for the management and development of open access business models in collaboration with staff and members of the Board. You will work closely with the Trustees, the Senior Management Team, and other key stakeholders (both internal and external) to deliver the revenue strategy.
- Exploring new business models around Open Access and Transitional agreements.
- Exploring bundling publishing content with other Society activities Identify and target new markets for existing products and services
- Represent the Society in discussions with external bodies on Open Access policy and the funding landscape
- Line management of Sales and Renewals and Insights Managers and their teams
- Lead on creating pricing strategies
- Ensure effective management of liaison with partner sales and library agents
- Keep abreast of current practices and future trends in STM publishing
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with sister societies and trade associations eg ALPSP
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable track record of successful sales in the international scholarly publications market
- Awareness of the STM and competitor landscape, trends, Open Access and Funding
- An in-depth understanding of the current issues affecting scholarly publishing
- An awareness of the diverse and changing needs of institutional customers, consortia, and the role of sales agents; direct experience in developing innovative pricing and licensing models is advantageous.
- Ability to look broadly across an organisation to identify new revenue opportunities.
- A collaborative approach to working across organisational functions.
- Demonstrable communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills, including experience of, and expertise in staff management and development
- Experience of managing internal and external operations, business contracts etc
- Dedication to open access and transforming scholarly communication