Salary: €90,000 Basic + Bonus + Benefits
Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Our client, a global society publisher requires a new Associate Director Education to manage, develop and implement the global education programme.
The Associate Director Education will prioritise strategy development as well as goal setting in planning for success and alignment with the Education Team within the society. To be successful as an Associate Director Education, you should stay up-to-date with pedagogical theories and standards, and developments in education.
You should have superb people skills and be confident in engaging individuals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. You should be energetic, passionate, and able to clearly communicate objectives. You will plan, coordinate and manage educational programs including day to day operations, as well as actively participates in strategic planning, development and administration.
- Work with the Education and programmes committees to help determine the Educational strategy and the relevant business model
- Work with the Education and programmes committees to develop and orchestra all the education activity across the society in order to guarantee the education offers as a source of funding for the Association, and establish business contracts
- Network and build professional relationships with members of the institution and the community and develop partnerships with European educational bodies
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer, and the Business Unit Directors to ensure that the Education strategy fits with the other business activities
- Promote and manage new projects
- Provide leadership in all phases of the development of continuing medical education and actively communicates with various committees and stakeholders to recommend related policies and programmes.
- Develop the financial plans required to achieve the Education strategy, and to maintain financial control of the projects
- Control the business strategy, intellectual property and the editorial policy
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree: MS, MBA, PhD in Education Administration or a related field
- Minimum of ten years of experience in Medical Affairs, Continuing Medical Education, or related experience in the industry And/or relevant experiences in an Academic Health Centre or Learned Society
- Excellent organisational and management skills with a demonstrated ability to coach staff and develop high performing teams
- Experience in setting and achieving strategic objectives
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of constituencies
- Understanding of the use of technology and the capacity to engage in technical discussions
- Strong customer/member service orientation
- planning, problem-solving, motivational and analytical skills