Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading global society publisher, requires a new Associate Media Production Director.
The successful candidate will help launch an array of new video projects on the web – from short, engaging infomercials and promos to documentaries, webinars, and 60-minute weekly discussion programmes.
You will work with a diverse team of freelance videographers, editors, graphic artists, and production houses in Europe and the United States. The output must be of the highest television quality.
The successful candidate will have at least ten years of senior television experience (preferably news, sports or entertainment programming) who can execute requested projects efficiently and propose new and bolder initiatives constantly.
This is a new position and allows considerable possibilities and growth for the successful candidate.
- To conceive and produce television-quality videos – from short bumpers, infomercials, show opens to promos and full length, 60-minute programmes.
- Creative, innovative, multi-media support and quality control for all important communications that go out to ensure the Society's image and activities are seen in the best possible light.
- Provide conceptual leads and vision for each product produced, with special attention to audience engagement.
- To create engaging videos of all forms and lengths.
- To conceptualise and describe in detail to freelance technical staff and external agencies… the look and feel of each new video and how best to achieve the objective; Upon receipt of a first cut, to provide detailed suggestions on edits to video and sound throughout; To provide innovative solutions to editing challenges that inevitably arise.
- To develop new concepts, tools and techniques to reach an ever-growing audience
- Guide the expanding use of videos, photos and layout, and what may be the most appropriate tool for the stated purpose.
- Quality control to provide creative suggestions to improve external communications
- When possible, help colleagues improve the quality of their outreach to healthcare professionals with more concise, engaging text and captivating visuals.
Skills & Experience:
- Native-English speaker with decades of experience writing and producing television content at the highest levels within Europe or United States.
- Excellent video production skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work in stressful environments with unforgiving deadlines
- Ability to find solutions and adapt rapidly as the situation warrants
- Ability to teach best practices to younger communication – what works and why.