Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading scientific publisher based in London, requires a new Associate Publisher – Life Sciences.
The new position of Associate Publisher offers an exciting chance for an outgoing and self-motivated individual to work with their partners and a network of contacts within biology and medicine, to develop the services the company offers and to build up content for the community.
The successful candidate must have an active interest in open science publishing, open data and related matters, and strong experience of scholarly research publishing, ideally in the life sciences.
- To work with external stakeholders, including high-profile clients.
- To project-manage the set up, and drive the growth and development of content.
- To grow a network of contacts within various biomedical research communities, and to advocate the advantages of open research publishing.
- To implement an outreach strategy to generate new submissions.
Skills & Experience:
- At least four years scholarly online publishing experience, including significant contact with editors, authors, reviewers and societies and experience with journal development activities.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills with individuals at all levels of seniority
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Organisational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks to high standards, working to (often competing) deadlines
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both in daily tasks and more complex trouble-shooting
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- High level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers)
- Familiarity with social media platforms and online engagement
- Willingness to travel frequently