Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: up to £40,000 Basic
Our client a leading society publisher is looking for a highly organised Author Engagement Specialist with excellent communication skills to work across some of their amazing science journals.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Author Engagement Specialist to join the publishing team. You will be responsible for working with the Marketing and Editorial teams to supplement our current activities to attract author submissions by focusing on author engagement.
This is a newly created position within the publishing team, that will involve working independently as well as part of a busy team and provide an opportunity to develop the new position. Familiarity of the author experience as an academic researcher and an understanding of their publishing needs is desired.
- Co-ordinates a systematic and effective author outreach programme including pre-event planning, working with marketing to promote events and post-meeting follow up.
- Improves authors’ experience of our publishing process including training, website, editorial, production and payment options.
- Monitors and acts on author feedback e.g. publishing inbox, surveys, events.
- Co-ordinates early career researcher author panel.
- Works with other researcher-focussed departments to encourage submissions
- Supports authors in understanding their open access options, and possible funding covered by Transformative Agreements.
- Monitors author services offered by competitor publishers.
- Liaises with other societies and conferences on mutually beneficial plans.
Skills & Experience:
- Background working for an STM Publisher
- Research and author experience
- Understanding of researcher publishing needs
- Excellent communicator
- Strong organisational skills