Our client, a leading scientific publisher, requires a new Sales Director for their Books division. This new, key role is responsible for directing and leading all Print books sales in the China market.
You will lead and motivate the Sales and Sales Support Teams and develop strategies designed to ensure the widest possible sale of Books in the market.
- Lead the sales team across the China region
- Responsibility for budget and revenue growth
- Select and highlight priority book product to the sales and marketing teams, to maximise sales
- Monitor and appraise performance of Sales and Sales Support team, maximising resources to ensure company is operating at its’ peak
- Ensure effective operational liaison with Marketing, Editorial, Rights, Production, Operations, and Journals teams
- Keep alert to market competitors and changes in the market and highlight any such changes with proposed actions, to relevant senior stakeholders in the business
- Oversee the relationship with channel partners, for example online retailers
- Maintain regular contact with key importers and ensure opportunities are fully explored and maximised
- Oversee agreement of proposals and negotiation of terms agreements
- Provide industry intelligence and competitive analysis of competing products and purchasing options of our customers.
- In conjunction with editorial and marketing, create product pricing and packaging strategies.
- Keep informed of current and future product offerings
Skills & Experience:
- Broad knowledge of and interest in the Academic and Professional publishing industry and market competitor landscape for English-language Academic and Professional publications
- Experience of building, leading and managing Sales teams and Trade channels in China, often at long-distance
- Strong understanding of best commercial practice in local markets
- Strong sales and leadership skills and ability to maximise performance
- Experience of working with external and internal senior stakeholders, and acting as representative on key committees and lobbying groups
- Strong influencing and communication skills