Our client, a leading business that provides services to publishers, authors and the research sector requires a new Business Development Director for their Author Services team. You will be specifically engage with potential publisher partners, institutions and reseller partners across EMEA and the USA and account management for all existing publisher and institution referrals.
- Delivery of budget target for overall ROW revenue from referrals (publisher and institutions)
- Ensure that deals are within acceptable range of discounts.
- Review existing publishing accounts on a regular basis to ensure that we are meeting/exceeding expectations.
- Provide recommendations to Product Development Manager for product development.
- Keep up to date on competition/state of the market sharing within the business on developments/changes of importance. Make recommendations on pricing
- Maintain up to date pipeline report on all opportunities
- Sourcing of potential reseller and management of those reseller partners.
- Representing the company at industry conferences
- Working towards and reporting against agreed KPI’s
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ sales experience within STM Publishing or SaaS, good understanding of author workflows
- In-depth knowledge of and contacts within the scholarly / academic publishing sector
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Confidence, ambition and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.