Our client, a leading global provider of technology solutions and services for content publishers (including corporate & education), requires a new Business Development Manager to cover EMEA.
The main role will be to acquire new customers for the entire range of solutions and services. Specifically:
- Develop new business opportunities and acquire new organisation logos; this may develop into handling client accounts, once penetrated and setup
- Execute all sales activities right from prospecting through closure and ensure hand-offs to tech teams
- Solution and consultative approach required
- Cold-calling to prospective clients
- Build short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Update CRM and provide detailed activity reports
- Attend weekly regional and global sales team meetings via phone and/or webex
- Keep up to date with scholarly publishing and eLearning trends from editorial and production areas to content delivery.
- Attend industry events
- Execute assigned activities related to events where exhibiting or organizing.
- Maintain a volunteer position and network at various Industry bodies such as STM, and other Tech types
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- 4+ years of demonstrated high level achievement in business development and/or new business sales within the publishing and / or eLearning landscape or software industry.
- Consultative selling approach preferred
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to hit the ground running by immediately setting up key meetings
- Proven experience in driving the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closure
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide professional level presentations to small and large audiences.
- Proficiency with using MS Office tools and CRM like Salesforce.com
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Participate in industry conferences
- Willing to travel as required