Salary: On application
Our client, a global scientific publisher, requires a new Business Development Manager to sell their range of product in Japan.
- Identify future business opportunities for our continuous revenue growth
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to establish a consensus, data-supported view of priority goals and their correlation to increase our business value in longer term
- Conduct market research and gain insights through customers, editorial and sales feedback channels.
- Provide competitor analysis and research by market segment.
- Build relationships with potential customer groups within government and funding agencies
- Set strategic plans focusing on goals and delivering key business results
- Drive product and services communication to staff and customers
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of business development and project management capabilities.
- An analytical mind in financial forecasts, market & customer data, business intelligence, marketing plans etc.
- Ability to synthesise and correlate complex information and multiple data points into clear actionable business insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Japanese and English
- Knowledge of software including Microsoft office, SalesForce.com, CRM etc
- Experience in academic publishing preferred