Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: Home Based, UK, Europe or USA
Salary: Excellent + Bonus
Our client, a world-renowned scientific publisher, requires an ambitious and well connected Business Development Manager to sell a game-changing SaaS product to academic publishers and learned societies worldwide.
- You will use your existing network in the publishing community to develop and scope out new contacts and maintain high-level knowledge of the academic publishing landscape.
- Utilising available data you will identify, define and prioritise new opportunities and develop a pipeline of new business leads
- You will develop a deep understanding of the customer's needs, pains & gains to help solve customer problems.
- You will develop a pricing strategy by testing the market’s willingness to pay and identify purchasing process and budget of the buying centre
- Set up client meetings, present and pitch the product and close contracts to achieve targets
- Prioritise, act on inbound leads and prepare forecasting and reporting
Skills & Experience:
- Highly experienced and well-networked sales professional within academic publishing/learned societies.
- 5 years+ of experience in software sales as a quota-carrying salesperson
- Proven record of successful business development/outbound sales for SaaS solutions and a passion for digital solutions
- Proficiency in need and problem analysis
- Able to work independently and set a self-correcting course
- Good internal communicator that knows how to share market insights and ideas for product improvements with the product team
- Able to guide clients through the funnel including technical customisations
- Readiness to travel (25-30%)