Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: West Coast, USA (Pacific Time zone)
Salary: Six Figure Basic + High Commission
Our client is a leading professional information provider in the life sciences sector. It provides its customers with data and powerful analysis tools to help with real-world challenges in pharmaceutical development and innovation. Due to continued growth, they now need a Business Development Manager to cover Asia/Pacific based on the West Coast, USA.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for generating new business as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities in the defined territory.
The defined territory includes assigned Pharmaceutical, Generics, Contract Manufacturer and Specialty Chemical Companies in Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand.
This will primarily be an independent position where you will be required to work from a home office and report directly to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing.
- Build and maintain high-level client and industry relationships
- Manage and grow an existing book of business, and build a new and sustainable funnel of growth opportunities
- Engage and communicate effectively with senior decision-makers and influencers
- Accurately maintain and develop prospect/client data
- Generate proposals, plan customer meetings, and demonstrate capabilities on assigned products
- Represent the company at industry conferences and events in Korea, Japan, and the United States.
- Carry out special projects and other tasks as required
Skill & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of B2B sales experience selling licensed subscription products and/or business intelligence tools.
- Must have experience of generating new business over the phone and face-to-face.
- Experience selling services in the Pharma space preferred.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly understand the client’s situation, identify problems, articulate the implications, and focus the client’s attention on the solution.
- A proactive individual and team player; able to take the initiative and work independently, and able to work effectively with cross-functional and international teams and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fluency in English and Japanese is required.
- Must be able to travel as required (primarily to industry conferences).