We require a talented Business Development Manager who will be responsible for sales and sponsorship across a portfolio of medical education content, national and regional conferences, web revenue and a print portfolio.
- To manage, and have full responsibility for sales-based activity for the portfolio. This includes display, online, events and Medical Education.
- To develop sales opportunities for the portfolio through collaboration with clients, sponsors and other clinicians. This includes the development of new business opportunities driving and developing accounts and new revenue.
- To ‘own’ and update weekly sales reporting for the UK business and provide regular reports for senior management, accurately recording the financial and revenue activity of the business.
- To develop and prepare comprehensive sales proposals through collaboration with the projects team and management accounts, to ensure profitability is maintained.
- To work closely with the events team to ensure smooth running of our extensive UK events.
- To liaise closely with the journal and Med Ed teams to ensure client expectations are met in terms of quality and timescales.
- To develop and maintain appropriate sales materials for the business, including media information and promotional items.
- To represent the company in a professional manner at conferences, exhibitions and other events where necessary.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have 3 years+ experience working in client-facing sales roles in an STM environment
- Evidence of selling and presenting to senior marketing executives of large multi-national companies
- Creative selling and evidence of providing integrated package sales to clients
- Understanding of editorial integrity and customer/client requirements
- History of print and online sales experience
- Evidence of working with different internal departments to ensure client needs and expectations are met