Location: Home Based, UK
Salary: £60,000 – £80,000 basic + Commission
Our clients, a lead Medical Education business requires a new Business Development Officer who will play a key role in all aspects of new business acquisition at under the guidance of the CEO.
You will be responsible for identifying new clinical experts and pharmaceutical companies to support educational initiatives. You will strengthen and maintain the business processes that support the business development unit and identify, approach, engage and close stakeholders from start to finish.
- Create new business opportunities with support
- Identify and communicate relevant opportunities.
- Review and summarise new business opportunities and potential partnerships in alignment with the strategic plan
- Assist with negotiations and scopes of work with local and international partners
- Ensure up to date pharma knowledge, and maintain relationships
- Collaborate with the marketing and social media team to support strategic promotion of the the company
- Develop and manage new business systems with support
- Identify tools, methods, and processes that will improve the business development process and manage their implementation and use
- Support and build capacity of technical staff to manage the proposal development process
- Manage Proposal Processes independently
- Reporting to the CEO, facilitate development of competitive proposals including win strategy, partner strategy and cost strategy.
- Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance of proposals to the solicitation.
- Participate in, and/or lead, proposal writing as needed
- Provide guidance to staff to enable them to take leadership roles on relevant proposals
- Provide support and guidance to partners to obtain required information and ensure the development of a collaborative, complete, and compliant proposal.
Skills & Experience:
- At least four (4) years of related experience is required, with at least two (2) years of global pharma experience preferred
- Significant work experience with pharma or academic publishing and demonstrated experience with management of winning bids
- Experience developing and/or reviewing proposal budgets and cost proposals
- Excellent research, data analysis/synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Experience in organising and managing and disseminating large and complex sets of business information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously and work proactively
- A sense of humour!