Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: London or New York
Our client, a global STM publisher, requires a new Chief Magazine Editor for one of the most prestigious scientific magazines in the world.
You will be responsible for furthering the reputation of the magazine by inspiring and motivating a shared vision around creative, insightful reporting and opinion pieces, informing and stimulating researchers and research stakeholders around the globe.
The Chief Magazine Editor is involved in shaping the strategic direction of the portfolio, especially in digital media, is passionate about science journalism, and is relentlessly customer-focused on our core researcher audiences.
- Set content and operations strategies
- Create a positive and energetic team environment in which your team feel engaged and understand what is expected and the value of their contribution to the business.
- Provide support and guidance for magazine content across the portfolio
- Build productive working relationships with key internal stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in editorial leadership roles; knowledge of digital publishing and distribution strategies; newsroom experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinking, creativity and demonstrated success in managing editorial teams
- Flexibility and comfort with digital tools
- Demonstrated customer-focused, analytically informed ability to enhance editorial coverage; enthusiasm for, and basic fluency in, science topics and field
- Mastery of journalism practice (including reporting, writing, editing for various media)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with working with teams remotely or on site
- University degree in journalism or science, or relevant experience
- Extensive experience leading editorial teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills for multiple media
- Comfortable with blogging and social-media platforms