Our client, a global information & research business, are looking for a Cloud Operations engineer to join their team in Barcelona as part of a global Cloud Operations team.
You will be involved in design and implementation of the common cloud infrastructure, telemetry services, and helping Development and DevOps teams succeed at scale.
- Use infrastructure automation tools like Terraform to maintain and grow the common AWS infrastructure and networks, in a secure and cost-conscious way
- Work with DevOps and InfoSec to ensure security is built-in at every level of infrastructure
- Maintain a set of base OS images produced in an automated and audible way
- Build and maintain telemetry services, including centralised logging, infrastructure monitoring, and application performance monitoring
- Advise Development and DevOps teams on best practices in building cloud-native applications
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in building scalable web applications on AWS
- Experience in large-scale cloud infrastructures spanning accounts and regions
- Advocate and practitioner of modern approaches to systems management and infrastructure automation (Ansible, Terraform)
- Comfortable using Git in a team setting, applying CI principles to infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of Linux (RedHat/Centos/Amazon Linux)
- Ability to solve operational problems with a developer’s mindset (Python)
- Good understanding of software application lifecycle, deployment and releases management processes
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting performance issues at scale