Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: On Application
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires an experienced and self-motivated Commissioning Editor to join their Conference Proceedings team.
Proceeding articles capture a record of the research presented and discussed at scientific conferences. Proceedings can serve as important snapshots of early-stage research that are later built upon in full research articles.
You will work with conference organisers to bring new conferences into the proceedings journal portfolios: negotiating contracts, managing relationships and retaining comprehensive collections of proceedings.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will support the successful development of the programme.
- Deal with a set portfolio of conferences which they will need to expand and meet financial targets for the year and contribute to the overall financial targets of the team.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with new conference organiser clients to drive the signing of new publishing agreements.
- Developing an understanding of the global scientific conference landscape identifying needs and trends in the conference community
- Effective selling of the services in proceedings publications via face-to-face meetings and desk-based commissioning activities
- Negotiating contract terms within agreed parameters
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent understanding of current STM challenges and overall competent understanding of STM Publishing
- Degree educated or equivalent experience (ideally with a science background)
- Outstanding communication and networking skills to work effectively with conference organisers, authors, editors and partners as well as internal stakeholders
- Relevant experience in STM publishing with an understanding of commercial pressures
- Willingness to travel regularly to conferences and other meetings