Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading open access publisher, requires a new Content Development Specialist responsible for the assessment and development of Special Issues.
You will work closely with the rest of the Content Development team and the wider Marketing and Publishing departments, You will be responsible for supporting the successful selection and deployment of Special Issues (including liaising with Guest Editorial teams, Chief Editors and other journal Editorial staff), as well as their promotion once published.
This role spans Operations, Marketing, and Publishing functions and requires someone who has an interest in working across all these areas.
- Assess submitted Special Issue proposals based on certain criteria
- Aid in running the submission pipeline, moving proposals through stages, and communicating with Editorial teams as necessary
- Liaise with Customer Services on contact made to Special Issues inbox and answer questions that cannot be handled by Customer Services
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to Guest Editorial teams on how to improve their proposal and call for paper wording and structure
- Liaise with Guest Editorial, Journal Editorial, and Publishing teams to ensure the development of the most relevant and high-potential Special Issues
- Work with Content Development Marketing Manager to develop ways to best promote published Special Issues
- Help devise new ways to increase awareness and engagement of Special Issues
Skill & Experience:
- At least 1 years' experience within scholarly publishing with an understanding of Open Science.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Reliable team player that responds well to a varied workload
- Ideally, you will be educated to degree level with an interest in science or preferably a scientific degree or education.