Our client, a leading academic publisher requires a new Director/Head of Product Management. We require an experience product manager that is passionate about developing new products and tools.
The Director / Head of Product Management leads the product management team working on products in the Learning business. This team is responsible for the web roadmap delivery across all products and manages the cross-functional collaboration required to deliver our products to market.
The Director / Head of Product Management is responsible for internal processes that drive cross functional work to deliver new product modules as well as to set and manage the annual product priorities and development processes with our Publishing Technologies department and engineers.
The Director / Head of Product Management is also responsible for cross platform strategy for our library products, planning how we better use our data to optimise our user experience and increase user engagement.
The Director / Head of Global Product Management will be part of the leadership team for the company's Product Innovation group: A cross-functional team of Product, Editorial, Marketing and Technology experts delivering innovative commercial products to support the evolving needs of students and researchers in a digital age.
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years product management experience
- 8+ years’ experience working within an online development environment
- 5+ years management experience
- Strong understanding of the library market
- Social science BA (optional)
- Ability to develop and communicate a product vision and overarching strategy, connecting the strategy to a concrete course of action
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative global environment, building strong relationships and motivating and inspiring a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – influencing by persuasion and influence rather than authority
- Commercial business sense
- Accountability and integrity
- Pro-active problem solving through insight and judgement
- Ability to prioritise and focus to drive successful delivery
- Technical fluency and experience of user-centered design practice
- Project management skills
- Excellent time management and efficient execution of tasks
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change