Location: Hybrid – East Coast, Philadelphia or United Kingdom
Salary: Excellent, On Application
Our client is a global scientific research business providing insights, analytics, discovery and workflow tools to a wide range of clients across academic research. They now require a new Director of Product Management for one of their flagship research and discovery platforms.
- Develop and articulate a clear product vision and strategy for the data and content workstream, aligning it with overall goals and market trends.
- Identify market opportunities, assess customer needs, and conduct competitive analysis to drive product roadmap decisions.
- Line management responsibility for product managers and product operations
- Set clear goals, track performance metrics, and drive the team towards achieving key product milestones and business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer support, to ensure effective coordination and alignment.
- Work closely with academic institutions, researchers, and industry partners to understand their needs, gather feedback, and build strong relationships.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop effective go-to-market strategies, positioning, and messaging for academic database products.
- Lead product development through the entire lifecycle: ideation, prototyping, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Track evolving user needs, industry trends, and competitor activity, and develop a nuanced understanding of researcher workflows and pain points.
- Build strong partnerships with internal product, technology, marketing, and sales teams to scope, define, execute and take to market new product features
Skills & Experience:
- Degree educated in science, information science, or a related field.
- 7 + years of experience in product management or product leadership roles, preferably in the field of academic databases, research tools, or scholarly publishing
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading teams
- Strong understanding of the academic landscape, including the needs and challenges faced by academic institutions, researchers, and students.
- Demonstrated success in defining product strategies, driving product innovation, and delivering complex software products on time and within budget.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Experience working with large data sets; or selling large data sets
- Experience managing data products