Location: South East, UK
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 Basic + Benefits
Our client is a leading independent publishing company covering the pharmaceutical sector, producing high quality B2B titles. Due to continued growth they are looking for a new Editor with a background in Biology or Chemistry.
You will have responsibility for researching and writing and/or Commission authors/industry experts to produce articles and features for the title via interviews, telephone and email, in order to grow and develop their B2B publications.
- Responsible for delivering content for all channels appropriate to the audience – including website, email, print, video, podcast and webinar. All work to be done to budget.
- Identify future markets and new products with editorial & commercial potential.
- Forward plan each year’s print issues taking into account market trends.
- Devise and implement editorial strategy and change.
- Ensure content meets the needs of the readers and advertisers.
- Maintain accurately all relevant records required to manage your duties, either digitally or otherwise as prescribed.
- Oversee commissioning and selection of stimulating content.
- Managing junior editors if required.
- Supporting Managing Editor as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Print and digital editorial experience.
- Chemical or Biology related degree (possible to overlook the degree if the candidate has 4 years or more working in a science based B2B publishing / writing / content environment.)
- 3 years editorial / content experience (preferably having been an Editor of a science publications
- Proof reading skills.
- Written English.
- Attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets.
- Organisational skills, with flexibility to adapt to changes.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- An aptitude for conducting targeted research